This website is amazing and a great help to many of us with the same predicament. I have been recently diagnosed positive and I am looking to start treatment in Bangkok. I have read through the other posts and I am more or less certain about what I need to do.
Please correct me if I am wrong. From what I understand, as a non thai resident who is newly diagnoses, I will need to walk into the After hours clinic to see a doctor for consultation, repeat all the tests and get a prescription. I am aware of the additional surcharge which is fine.
I have a couple of questions which I hope you can help me out.
Is the clinic completely anonymous or do I need to bring some form of ID for registration at the After hours clinic? If so, what kind of ID is required?
2. If I need regular 6 monthly follow-up, how does the clinic know who is who? I assume there is some patient ID given for each registration?
3. Do the medical staff at the clinic conduct the consultations in English?
4. Should I do my Lab test first before the After hours clinic so that the results will be available at the time of consultation. For these tests, do I need to see a doctor to have it ordered or do I just turn up and request for what is need? As I am newly diagnosed, I gather that I will need a repeat HIV test, VL, CD4, liver and kidney function test.
5. I know that some of the test results will take many days to come back. Is it correct to say that I can get my results via email?
6.Do I need all my results before I can get my prescription. I will only be in Thailand for 3-4 days this time. Can I see the doctor, do the tests and get my medications all on the same day? How long do I need to plan for my stay in Bangkok?
7. If I see the doctor at the After hours clinic and get my prescription, and I return the next day to buy my medications..do I still need to pay the medication surcharge?
8. I am keen to take a one tablet a day regime (Stribild or Triumeq). Will I be able to get a 6 months supply until my next medical review?
9. For credit card payment, do you accept amex? I know there is a 2% surcharge which is fine.
Apologies for my long post. Really appreciate if you can help me out.
Finally, is the after hours clinic, lab and pharmacy open on these days (26-30th December 2017)?
Thank you so much!